- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Chicago Blackhawks Items
Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas has broken his right leg against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Steve Oleksy won his first championship there. Troy Brouwer played his first playoff series there. Alex Ovechkin is facing one of Russia's greatest players. Tune in to Caps-Red Wings now!
Assistant Craig Berube, in his seventh season with the organization, will take over as coach. He is the Flyers' 18th coach in team history.
The Philadelphia Flyers fired coach Peter Laviolette after an 0-3 start and a preseason vote of confidence from ownership, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Monday.
Despite a preseason vote of confidence from ownership, the Philadelphia Flyers fired coach Peter Laviolette Monday after an 0-3 start.
The Capitals surrendered three unanswered goals in the third period to lose 6-4 to the Chicago Blackhawks in the season-opener Tuesday. They almost spoiled the Blackhawks' Stanley Cup banner-raising celebration, but Washington's defense failed to make Mikhail Grabovski's hat trick and the team's three power-play goals stand up.
Let's hope every player, coach, trainer, executive, equipment manager and anyone else associated with the Caps thought over and over and over again, "How cool would it be to do this at Verizon Center next year? We have to make this happen." Yes, they do.
The Capitals are banking on the newcomer being a sparkplug as they open the 2013-14 season Tuesday night in Chicago against the defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks. Grabovski will anchor a line that will include wingers Troy Brouwer and Brooks Laich.
Sometime over the next 10 days, before they open their season against the Blackhawks in Chicago, the Caps have some things to figure out in regard to Tom Wilson.