- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Chicago Cubs Items
The team announced the suspension on its Twitter feed, with no further explanation. Manager Fredi Gonzalez also declined to elaborate when asked about the punishment before the Braves' game against the Chicago Cubs.
A day after Samardzija was dealt from the Chicago Cubs to Oakland, he was picked Sunday for the game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15. Samardzija was selected as an NL All-Star, but Major League Baseball said he is ineligible to play because of the league switch.
With the Nationals locked in a tie game and doing their best to give away the contest, Span knocked an obvious single into right field and had one thought: get to second base. Teammate Ryan Zimmerman eventually drove him in with a sharp base hit to left field in a 2-1 Washington victory.
Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann outdueled Jake Arrieta over six innings and left with a 1-0 lead. The Cubs tied it in the seventh on Starlin Castro's sacrifice fly against Drew Storen.
The Nationals will have the same positional players starting for a fifth straight game. The batting order against the Cubs, that's a bit different. So is Chicago's starting pitching after a blockbuster trade.
Gio Gonzalez needed very little run support against the Cubs. He received a baker's dozen worth anyway.
The Washington Nationals posted football-like numbers in routing the Chicago Cubs on Saturday with Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III watching from the stands. The way Gio Gonzalez is pitching, it was much more than they needed.
Oakland and Chicago announced the big trade on Saturday, with Samardzija and Hammel heading to the West Coast for a package of prospects that included the A's first-round selections in each of the past two drafts.
Justin Ruggiano homered for the second straight game for the Chicago Cubs, who used another solid outing from Jason Hammel to beat the Washington Nationals 7-2 on Friday.