- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Latest Chicago Cubs Items
Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton will have an MRI exam of his aching elbow to determine the cause of discomfort him in recent outings.
Andre Ethier has been removed from the Los Angeles Dodgers starting lineup because of an inflamed left elbow, putting his 29-game hitting streak on hold, and closer Jonathan Broxton won't pitch until after an MRI exam of his aching right elbow.
Andre Ethier of the Los Angeles Dodgers has extended his hitting streak to 29 games.
Andre Ethier of the Los Angeles Dodgers has extended his hitting streak to 28 games, putting him halfway toward the record 56-game streak Joe DiMaggio had in 1941.
And now, a break from the partisan noise: a series of Major League Baseball tributes to the Ronald Reagan centennial begins Monday night when the San Diego Padres face the Pittsburgh Pirates in San Diego. NASCAR driver Austin Dillon, co-chairman of the Reagan Centennial National Youth Committee, throws out the first pitch; country recording artist Tim Dugger, a member of the same committee, will sing the national anthem.
If Chicago has been willing to believe that a cow caused the Great Chicago Fire, maybe it will buy this one: The White Sox got the idea to throw the 1919 World Series after the Cubs did the same thing one year earlier.
Houston Astros manager Brad Mills has been suspended for one game and reliever Aneury Rodriguez for three games following their weekend ejections against the Florida Marlins.
The Chicago Cubs will place starting pitchers Randy Wells and Andrew Cashner on the 15-day disabled list because of arm injuries.
Kerry Wood got his old locker back in the Chicago Cubs clubhouse, even though he'd been away for two years. And now he'll enjoy something else he remembers well _ another opening day at Wrigley Field.