- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Chicago Fire Department
The Chicago Fire Department, also known as the CFD, is the principal fire suppression, prevention, and rescue agency of Chicago, Illinois, under the jurisdiction of the mayor of Chicago. The Chicago Fire Department is the largest fire department in the Midwestern United States and is one of the nation's largest departments after the New York City Fire Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, and the Los Angeles County Fire Departments which all have more stations than Chicago. It is also one of the oldest major organized fire departments in the nation. Concurrently, some firefighters serve as paramedics with the Chicago Emergency Medical System. The Chicago Fire Department cooperated with film director, Ron Howard on making the 1991 film, Backdraft starring Kurt Russell, William Baldwin and Robert De Niro. That film was inspired by firefighter turned writer, Gregory Widen, who made a cameo appearance in the film. - Source: Wikipedia
A man found shot to death inside a burning home on Chicago's South Side last week has been identified as the security guard of area rap artist Twista.
Five Chicago high school students were injured - one seriously - after an explosion and fire during a cooking class, officials said Wednesday.
Authorities say a masked gunman approached a group of teenagers outside a McDonald's restaurant on Chicago's North Side and opened fire, killing one and wounding three others.
Thirteen people have been shot at a park on Chicago's southwest side, including a 3-year-old boy who was in critical condition.
Thousands of fans who ditched work and painted their faces red and black roared in appreciation as the buses paraded past carrying waving players in red jerseys. Captain Jonathan Toews triumphantly hoisted the silver trophy over his head.
From the jubilant parade all the way to the boisterous rally, millions of excited fans spent a sun-drenched Friday celebrating another Stanley Cup title for the Chicago Blackhawks.
CHICAGO (AP) | As fires go, the one that broke out Wednesday in a small vacant building on the city's South Side was likely to be pretty routine for the Chicago Fire Department.
Eight people were arrested Saturday after protesters broke windows, lights and planters outside the home of the chancellor of the University of California, Berkeley.