- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Chicago Fire Department
The Chicago Fire Department, also known as the CFD, is the principal fire suppression, prevention, and rescue agency of Chicago, Illinois, under the jurisdiction of the mayor of Chicago. The Chicago Fire Department is the largest fire department in the Midwestern United States and is one of the nation's largest departments after the New York City Fire Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, and the Los Angeles County Fire Departments which all have more stations than Chicago. It is also one of the oldest major organized fire departments in the nation. Concurrently, some firefighters serve as paramedics with the Chicago Emergency Medical System. The Chicago Fire Department cooperated with film director, Ron Howard on making the 1991 film, Backdraft starring Kurt Russell, William Baldwin and Robert De Niro. That film was inspired by firefighter turned writer, Gregory Widen, who made a cameo appearance in the film. - Source: Wikipedia
Chicago authorities are reporting seven people, including a 14-year-old boy, have been shot at a Laundromat in the city's South Shore neighborhood.
Authorities suspended their search late Sunday for two people who were on a boat that apparently capsized in Lake Michigan near Chicago, hours after the rescue of the other two who were onboard, including a woman who later died.
CHICAGO (AP) | As fires go, the one that broke out Wednesday in a small vacant building on the city's South Side was likely to be pretty routine for the Chicago Fire Department.