- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Chicago Fire Department
The Chicago Fire Department, also known as the CFD, is the principal fire suppression, prevention, and rescue agency of Chicago, Illinois, under the jurisdiction of the mayor of Chicago. The Chicago Fire Department is the largest fire department in the Midwestern United States and is one of the nation's largest departments after the New York City Fire Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, and the Los Angeles County Fire Departments which all have more stations than Chicago. It is also one of the oldest major organized fire departments in the nation. Concurrently, some firefighters serve as paramedics with the Chicago Emergency Medical System. The Chicago Fire Department cooperated with film director, Ron Howard on making the 1991 film, Backdraft starring Kurt Russell, William Baldwin and Robert De Niro. That film was inspired by firefighter turned writer, Gregory Widen, who made a cameo appearance in the film. - Source: Wikipedia
Thirteen people have been shot at a park on Chicago's southwest side, including a 3-year-old boy who was in critical condition.
Thousands of fans who ditched work and painted their faces red and black roared in appreciation as the buses paraded past carrying waving players in red jerseys. Captain Jonathan Toews triumphantly hoisted the silver trophy over his head.
From the jubilant parade all the way to the boisterous rally, millions of excited fans spent a sun-drenched Friday celebrating another Stanley Cup title for the Chicago Blackhawks.
CHICAGO (AP) | As fires go, the one that broke out Wednesday in a small vacant building on the city's South Side was likely to be pretty routine for the Chicago Fire Department.
Eight people were arrested Saturday after protesters broke windows, lights and planters outside the home of the chancellor of the University of California, Berkeley.