- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Chicago Sky
The Chicago Sky is a Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) team based in Chicago, Illinois. They began league play in 2006. Their home court is the Allstate Arena. Sky games are broadcast on WTTW or WCIU and WVON-AM 1690. Their play by play broadcasters are Les Grobstein and Tauja Catchings. Unlike other WNBA franchises in cities with NBA teams, the Sky is not a sister team to the Chicago Bulls. This is apparent with different ownership, team colors, and different home arenas, although there is a link to the Sky website from the Bulls website. - Source: Wikipedia
Chicago Sky player Elena Delle Donne is to be named a global ambassador for Special Olympics.
The defending champion Minnesota Lynx will begin the WNBA season on the road at Washington on May 16 as part of a five-game schedule on opening night to kick off the league's 18th season.
Chicago Sky forward Elena Delle Donne has won the WNBA rookie of the year, said a person familiar with the situation.
It was pretty obvious to voters who the best rookie in the WNBA was this season.
Elena Delle Donne will miss the WNBA All-Star game on Saturday while recovering from a concussion.
Midway through their first WNBA season, Brittney Griner, Elena Delle Donne and Skylar Diggins are already leaving their mark.
Elena Delle Donne is already leaving her mark in the WNBA.
Brittney Griner and Elena Delle Donne put on a quite a show to cap off an impressive opening weekend for the WNBA.
Epiphanny Prince is headed to Russia.
Mystics forward Monique Currie said it best.
After two dismal seasons of single-digit wins, the Washington Mystics have turned the page. On Monday, the team fired coach-general manager Trudi Lacey, along with assistant coaches Jennifer Gillom and Marianne Stanley.
Courtney Vandersloot scored 20 points to help the Chicago Sky beat the Washington Mystics 77-58 on Saturday night, handing the last-place Mystics their 13th straight loss.
In the end, the shots just wouldn't fall for the Washington Mystics. In their final home game of a dismal 2012 campaign, the Mystics shot a lackluster 33.8 percent from the floor en route to a 66-53 loss to the visiting Indiana Fever.
The Washington Mystics extended their losing streak to 11 games on Sunday at Verizon Center with a 75-68 loss to the New York Liberty. They also lost their chance to play the role of spoiler for the Liberty, one of two teams, along with the Chicago Sky, fighting for the one remaining playoff spot.
With just seconds left in regulation and the Mystics down by three to the Chicago Sky, it looked as though a much-needed victory was about to slip right through Washington's hands.