- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest China Items
President Obama has already conceded that last week's midterm elections put an end for now to his "cap-and-trade" plan to cut U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, but European officials fear the GOP gains mark the death knell for the broader campaign for a binding worldwide agreement this year to address climate change.
A drunken hit-and-run last month has crystallized popular outrage at China's powerful elite and the arrogance of some children of money and power.
French President Nicolas Sarkozy wooed China's visiting leader Thursday with a red-carpet welcome and Chinese flags fluttering in the streets of Paris. In return, France expects billions in contracts for airplanes and energy.
South Korean media has reported that next week's Group of 20 summit in Seoul is of enough interest to North Korea that it has been hacking its neighbor's computer networks more often.
From schoolchildren and cabdrivers to business leaders and government officials, all of India has been swept up in a near mania in anticipation of President Obama's visit to the subcontinent, his first stop in a 10-day tour of Asia that begins Friday.
White House political advisers canceled President Obama's planned visit to the Golden Temple in Amritsar, India, amid concerns that his wearing an orange scarf there would fuel misperceptions that he is a Muslim.
Greek police foiled four attempted parcel-bomb attacks Monday, purportedly targeting French President Nicolas Sarkozy and three embassies in Athens, after one of the devices exploded at a delivery service, leaving a worker hospitalized with burns.
The Monkey King character from Chinese folklore will be revived in a $60 million 3-D blockbuster starring Donnie Yen and Chow Yun-fat, as local filmmakers try to match the massive success of "Avatar" by launching their own productions in the new format.
Russia's president visited an island in the Pacific Ocean claimed by both Russia and Japan on Monday, triggering immediate protests from Tokyo, which already is involved in a heated dispute with China over islands to the south.