- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest China Items
President Obama and his South Korean counterpart Lee Myung-bak have pledged to hold joint military exercises and enhanced training after North Korea's military forces fired artillery against a South Korean island, prompting the South's forces to return fire.
Federal regulators launched an investigation Monday into lead levels in drinking glasses depicting comic-book and movie characters, declaring that the items are subject to standards for "children's products."
Federal regulators launched an investigation Monday into lead levels in themed drinking glasses depicting comic book and movie characters, declaring them children's products subject to stricter standards than those intended for adult collectors.
Drinking glasses depicting comic book and movie characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman and the Tin Man from "The Wizard of Oz" exceed federal limits for lead in children's products by up to 1,000 times, according to laboratory testing commissioned by The Associated Press.
China must respond firmly to a violation by North Korea of commitments made by Pyongyang during the course of six-party nuclear negotiations, present and former U.S. officials said on Monday.
Wild tigers could become extinct in 12 years if countries where they still roam fail to take quick action to protect their habitats and step up the fight against poaching, global wildlife experts told a "tiger summit" Sunday.
An Iranian lawmaker dealing with foreign policy said Sunday that Iran will increase its production of nuclear fuel despite a proposed resumption of talks with major powers over its disputed uranium enrichment program.
The top U.S. envoy to North Korea on Monday said revelations that Pyongyang had made rapid advances in enriching uranium were the latest in a series of provocations over the past 20 years, but denied it was a crisis.
In secret and with remarkable speed, North Korea has built a new, highly sophisticated facility to enrich uranium, according to an American nuclear scientist, raising fears that the North is ramping up its atomic program despite international pressure.