- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Chinese Communist Party'S Central Committee
Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou of the ruling Kuomintang Party received a rare congratulation message from Chinese President Xi Jinping. Analysts say the message contained some surprises.
The People's Daily, the official mouthpiece of the Chinese Communist Party's Central Committee, has hosted since March 20 a column titled "Immoral and Untrustworthy Americans," dedicated to a "comprehensive understanding of the United States and the Americans."
China is challenging a key American policy toward Japan: the unambiguous U.S. support of Japan's sovereign rights to the Ryukyu island chain, including the key strategic island of Okinawa.
China says the United States is "lifting a rock only to drop it on its own feet" in issuing the annual Pentagon report on the Chinese military.
"There is no international water within the South [China] Sea." So stated the official news outlets of the Chinese Communist Party's Central Committee, the People's Daily and its subsidiary the Global Times on Monday.