- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Chip Kelly
Familiarity and defense were a theme for the Philadelphia Eagles in the draft.
The Buffalo Bills crossed off a draft need by acquiring running back Bryce Brown in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday.
The Philadelphia Eagles got their wide receiver. And then another.
Chip Kelly said that rumors of gang ties and locker room conduct had nothing to do with his decision to release DeSean Jackson.
DeSean Jackson still doesn't really know why the Eagles released him but he does know that he's looking forward to facing his former team twice this fall.
A lot was said about DeSean Jackson after he was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles. Rumors ran rampant, almost all negative. Eagles RB LeSean McCoy didn't see it.
Mark Sanchez likes the team, the coach, the offense. He's with the Philadelphia Eagles now in what essentially was a swap with Michael Vick.
Keeping key parts of their offense together for a long time is clearly a priority for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Jason Peters will protect the quarterback's blind side for quite a while longer in Philadelphia.
Check out the video of LeGarrette Blount.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Nick Foles led the NFL in passer rating, helped the Philadelphia Eagles win the NFC East title and had a sensational statistical year as a sophomore.
Nick Foles threw two touchdown passes, NFL rushing champion LeSean McCoy had 131 yards and a receiving score and the Eagles beat the Cowboys 24-22 in a win-or-go-home game for the NFC East title Sunday night.
Both teams were 3-3 when Dallas came to Philadelphia, shut down Chip Kelly's high-flying offense and knocked Foles out of the game with a concussion at the end of the third quarter. Foles was 11 of 29 for 80 yards in the 17-3 loss, a dismal performance in only his second start after replacing an injured Michael Vick.
Nick Foles has a new nickname that's appropriate this time of year: Saint Nick.
With Nick Foles leading the way, the Philadelphia Eagles have charged into the playoff picture.
"He's a true nose tackle. He's got a good understanding of our defense," Kelly said.