- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Chip Wile
Darlington Raceway has partnered with Sport Clips Haircuts to sponsor the track's NASCAR Nationwide Series race through 2016.
The Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway will be run in April next year after nearly a decade of racing on Mother's Day weekend.
New Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile wants to reconnect to the community by expanding the track's use beyond its yearly Sprint Cup weekend.
Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning has resigned and International Speedway Corporation named Chip Wile as replacement at NASCAR's oldest superspeedway.
He said he's grateful for Sport Clips' support and said the track embraces the opportunity to help raise awareness about the Veterans of Foreign Wars' mission to support active-duty military, veterans and their families.
"We've seen a lot of support from fans and leaders in the sport," Wile told The Associated Press by phone. "We know there's always going to be a place for track like Darlington."