- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
Latest Chipper Jones Items
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Atlanta Braves minor league manager Luis Salazar was awake and able to respond to doctors Wednesday after being hit in the face by Brian McCann's foul liner while standing in the dugout during an exhibition game.
Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones has taken grounders and gotten in some swings on the first day of spring training, a significant step in his recovery from major knee surgery.
San Francisco rallied for a 3-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Brooks Conrad's third error of the game to claim the lead in the NL division series Sunday.
Nothing has come easy for the Braves, whose 25 final-at-bat victories are the most in baseball. So perhaps it was fitting the Braves were pushed to the last day of the season before claiming a postseason berth.
Bobby Cox reached behind his sunglasses to dab his eyes a few times on Saturday as the Atlanta Braves paid tribute to their longtime manager.
Bobby Cox is still waiting for the one retirement gift he wants most of all _ one last trip to the postseason.
Derrek Lee passed up the chance to get on the fringe of the playoff race. Now he's right in the middle of it. The NL East-leading Atlanta Braves bulked up for the pennant chase Wednesday, acquiring the slugging first baseman from the Chicago Cubs for three minor league pitchers.
Derrek Lee passed up the chance to get on the fringe of the playoff race.