- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Chongqing Party Items
Four senior Chinese police officers were tried Friday on charges of helping the wife of one of the country's highest-profile politicians cover up the murder of a British businessman in a scandal that has shaken the highest levels of leadership.
Wang Pengfei, the right-hand man of Wang Lijun, the former Chongqing police chief whose attempted defection to the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu in February triggered China's biggest political storm in several decades, was officially charged recently with dereliction of duty and corruption.
The bizarre affair involving China's flamboyant princeling, former Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai, continues to dazzle the world following Bo's unceremonious ouster as the regional communist viceroy on March 15.
U.S. intelligence agencies monitoring China's Internet say that from March 14 to Wednesday bloggers circulated alarming reports of tanks entering Beijing and shots being fired in the city as part of what is said to have been a high-level political battle among party leaders - and even a possible military coup.