- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Chris Carpenter Items
Now that the Cardinals have forced the World Series to a Game 7 for the first time in nine years, St. Louis manager Tony La Russa must decide whether to send ace Chris Carpenter to the mound on short rest Friday night or start Kyle Lohse or Edwin Jackson.
A drained Tony La Russa sat behind the podium, jersey gone and a blue towel draped around his neck,
Albert Pujols thrust both arms high in the air, even before he reached home plate.
The comeback is complete, and the Cardinals are the champs! St. Louis beat the Texas Rangers 6-2 in Game 7 to win its second World Series title in six years.
Chris Carpenter is starting on three days' rest in Game 7 of the World Series for the St. Louis Cardinals.
Bruce Hurst was in his room at the Grand Hyatt in New York when he got the call exactly 25 years ago. Because of a rainout, Boston Red Sox manager John McNamara was switching to him as his starter for Game 7 of the World Series against the New York Mets.
Mike Napoli's two-run double off Marc Rzepczynski gave Texas a 4-2 lead in the eighth inning.
Neftali Feliz closes out the Cardinals for his sixth save in this postseason. The Rangers win 4-2 to take a 3-2 lead in the World Series and move within one win of their first championship.
Mitch Moreland, right on cue.