- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Chris G. Christopher Jr.
Latest Chris G. Christopher Jr. Items
Extremely cold and snowy weather inhibited America’s shoppers last month, causing a 0.4 percent drop in retail sales, and the Christmas selling season was poorer than previously reported, the Census Bureau reported on Thursday.
A rush of good news suggesting that economic growth is picking up speed sent the stock market soaring Tuesday.
The slumping housing market struck a sour note Tuesday, somewhat dampening optimism that the economy is getting a big sugar rush from the best Christmas selling season in three years.