- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Chris Heisey
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman will not play in the All-Star game after jamming his left thumb.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman has a thumb injury that is preventing him from playing Sunday and leaves his status for the All-Star game in question.
Reds outfielder Ryan Ludwick is expected to miss at least three months following surgery on Wednesday to repair torn cartilage in his right shoulder.
Adam LaRoche homered twice, Danny Espinosa hit a three-run shot in Washington's six-run eighth inning, and the Nationals beat the Miami Marlins 10-7 on Saturday night.
Henry Rodriguez looked up at the sky and he found the source of his discontent: rain that had pounded the field at Great American Ball Park all day.
Reds outfielder Chris Heisey wasn't surprised to see the schoolgirl outfit hanging in his locker, his humbling attire for the start of a late-season road trip.
The Cincinnati Reds placed outfielder Chris Heisey on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained left oblique and called up Dave Sappelt from Triple-A Louisville to play Sunday against the Chicago Cubs.
Atlanta Braves minor league manager Luis Salazar was awake and able to respond to doctors Wednesday after being hit in the face by Brian McCann's foul liner while standing in the dugout during an exhibition game.
"I haven't done it for four years now, I guess," Heisey said. "I've done it for stretches of two or three weeks, but for a long stretch of time I haven't. It'll be an adjustment, but I'm looking forward to it."
"I felt it would happen," Heisey said. "As the season went on last year, I kind of heard talk that it would happen. All the rookies were talking about what we would be dressing up as."