- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Chris Kennedy
Judgment Day has finally arrived in Washington for President Obama and his health care law, which after two long years of court battles will earn a final legal decision Thursday from the nine justices on the Supreme Court.
Kudos to University of Illinois Board Chairman Chris Kennedy and the university's Board of Trustees for unanimously denying the prestigious title of professor emeritus to William Ayers, who never should have been on the faculty in the first place. One wonders why Mr. Ayers would even be interested in such a "bourgeois" accolade.
"Outside consultants have a role, but no one can reach deeper inside other institutions as quickly as our own faculty," said Chris Kennedy, the chairman of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees.
Chris Kennedy said it took him more than five hours to get to and from a school near his house in the northwest Atlanta suburb of Acworth.