- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Chris Paine
What makes an artist? And what makes art? This year's Silverdocs documentary film festival offers a host of potential answers.
Sequels are usually more easily found at summer multiplexes than prestigious film festivals, but this year's Tribeca Film Festival abounds in unusual follow-ups and intriguing companion pieces.
"I wasn't planning to make another film about this topic, but I thought this could be one of those really rare moments where something turns around," says Paine. "And I already have the access, so I should probably step into this and see if we can capture a moment of transition."