- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Chris Shays Items
In the latest showdown between the two factions fighting for the soul of the GOP, both sides could claim victory in Tuesday's primaries, with tea party candidates winning races in Connecticut and Florida and "establishment" Republicans prevailing elsewhere in Florida and Wisconsin.
Establishment Republicans in Washington are rallying around former Rep. Christopher Shays in his bid to become the party's Senate nominee in Connecticut this fall, arguing that he is the party's best chance to seize the seat of retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman.