- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Chris Strong Items
National Weather Service officials said temperatures would continue to feel like the low 100s for the next several days. The high heat poses risks in parts of Prince George's County, where a water main repair is expected to completely cut off service for thousands of residents for several days.
The collision of two severe storms this weekend could wreak unprecedented havoc along the entire East Coast through Halloween, bringing hurricane-force winds, flooding and even a layer of snowfall to some parts of the mid-Atlantic region.