- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Christi O'Connor
George Zimmerman's wife Shellie is filing for divorce less than two months after he was acquitted in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, ABC News reported.
Just after being sentenced to a year's probation for a misdemeanor perjury charge, the wife of George Zimmerman sat down with reporter Christi O'Connor to talk about her marriage to the acquitted killer.
Miss O'Connor told ABC News that Shellie said her husband has "beaten down her self-esteem," but she is "looking forward to getting her life back."
"It put great stress on their marriage," she said. "Constantly having to move. She got threats. A lot of threats. She doesn't want to reveal from who.... They are constantly living under fear of being attacked."