- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Christian Democratic Party
Latest Christian Democratic Party Items
German Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives plan to open coalition talks Friday with leftist Social Democrats in the first round of political bargaining that could drag into early next year, as the two parties haggle over the direction of the next government in the economic powerhouse of Europe.
Less than a month before Germans head to the polls, Chancellor Angela Merkel remains the country's most popular politician and her conservative Christian Democratic Union holds a significant lead among voters in a campaign that could set the tone for the next decade of the eurozone and trans-Atlantic relations.
Voters in Paraguay have a chance to solidify democracy Sunday in a presidential election that pits a candidate from a political party that governed for more than six decades against a hopeful from a party that currently holds the presidency, according to a former U.S. ambassador to the South American country.
Germany's education minister has fallen from political grace, as officials with her former Duesseldorf University have found her guilty of plagiarism and stripped away her doctorate degree.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative-led coalition was neck and neck with Germany's center-left opposition in a state election Sunday that was a major test ahead of a national vote later this year, projections showed.
A group of lawmakers from German Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative party called Tuesday for same-sex couples in civil partnerships to be given the same tax breaks as heterosexual married couples, but the idea faced skepticism among traditionally minded colleagues.
"This is not a distraction. This is what this campaign is going to be about," President Obama said Monday at the NATO summit. The "this" in question is Mitt Romney's tenure at Bain Capital and what it says about Mr. Romney's economic vision for the country.
Germany's most populous state is holding a legislative election Sunday, with polls showing good chances of victory for a center-left regional government that Chancellor Angela Merkel has sought to label as irresponsibly spendthrift.
Support for Germany's upstart Pirate Party has surged to a record 12 percent after a recent state election success, according to a poll published Tuesday that underlined its arrival as a political force ahead of national elections next year.