- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Christian Ponder
The problem is that this isn't last year, no matter how many times the tired comparison is mentioned in the locker room. That's why the Robert Griffin III tried, without much success, to explain how the Redskins lost to a team that had just one win, played without six starters and feature a quarterback rotation that seems to be drawn out of a horned Vikings hat each week.
Niles Paul never saw the signal. Or maybe he just didn't believe it. It was tough to tell who knew what in the chaos of a fake punt that failed late in the third quarter of a 34-27 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
Christian Ponder will start at quarterback for Minnesota against Green Bay on Sunday night, while Josh Freeman will be inactive after being cleared to practice.
Adrian Peterson carried the ball only 23 times in Minnesota's last two games.
The quarterback carousel hasn't stopped turning for the Vikings and it seems to spin more wildly out of control each week.
Josh Freeman has a concussion and Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier says he will likely turn the offense back over to Christian Ponder for the game against Green Bay on Sunday night.
Your turn, Josh Freeman.
Matt Cassel will start at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings against Carolina on Sunday, a seemingly inevitable decision finally confirmed by coach Leslie Frazier.
Josh Freeman has a new team, Minnesota has a new young quarterback and Tampa Bay has moved on.
Josh Freeman is out of the messy situation in Tampa Bay and happy to land in Minnesota, where Adrian Peterson and the Vikings offense eagerly await.
Elvis Dumervil was staying with the Denver Broncos.
Greg Jennings spent seven years getting the best of the Minnesota Vikings secondary while playing for their bitter rivals in Green Bay.
Greg Jennings has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings, becoming the latest Green Bay Packer to head across the border and join their bitter NFC North rivals.
The Minnesota Vikings are interested in wide receiver Greg Jennings, the latest Green Bay Packers free agent pursued by their NFC North rival.
"I wasn't sure if things they were telling me were true or not," Ponder said this week. "But I stayed focused. Like I said in previous weeks, I can control what I can control, and that was getting better on the field and getting healthy. I'm healthy now. And, again, I'm going to take full advantage of this opportunity."
"It's an opportunity to get back in the saddle and be more vocal and take ahold of this position," Ponder said on Wednesday after practice, "because I don't want to give it back."