- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Christine Goerke Items
The Lyric Opera of Chicago announced it will stage Richard Wagner's famed "Ring" cycle.
"There will be blood!" insist the ads for Lyric Opera's production of "Elektra," _ and indeed there is, cascading down the steps of Agamemnon's palace near the end of Richard Strauss' one-act opera.
One of the joys of frequent opera-going is the chance now and then to hear an artist take on a role for the first time and score a memorable success.