- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Christine Gregoire Items
Washington state lawmakers voted to approve gay marriage Wednesday, setting the stage for the state to become the seventh in the nation to allow same-sex couples to wed.
A court in Washington is poised to decide whether pharmacists should be forced to violate their religious beliefs at the command of the state or go out of business. Wednesday's closing arguments in Stormans v. Selecky wrangled over whether pharmacists should be compelled to stock and dispense "morning-after" drugs.
The Washington state Senate is set to take a crucial vote Wednesday on a proposal to legalize same-sex marriage.
The Washington state Senate on Wednesday passed a bill that would legalize same-sex marriage, setting the stage for the state to become the seventh to allow gay and lesbian couples to wed.
The Washington state Senate approved 28-21 Wednesday a same-sex marriage bill, handing advocates their biggest victory of the 2012 legislative session and all but ensure legalized gay marriage in the Evergreen State.
Two more state legislatures are on the verge of approving same-sex marriage, but whether the bills become law depends on two very different governors.
New Jersey Democratic lawmakers Monday said they will fast-track bills to legalize gay marriage, echoing promises made by state officials in Maryland and Washington state.
Gov. Chris Gregoire said Wednesday she wants Washington to become the seventh state in the nation to make gay marriage legal.