- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
Latest Christmas Day Items
Kobe Bryant is expected to miss about six weeks with an injured left knee, dealing the second major injury setback of the year to the Los Angeles Lakers' superstar guard.
A growing clutch of lawmakers from both sides of the aisle is publicly countering the Obama administration's portrayal of al Qaeda as an organization on the run, saying that an evolving network of the terrorist group's affiliates now may pose as grave a threat to the U.S. as its predecessor did a decade ago.
Temple was signed on Christmas Day from the Reno Bighorns of the NBA Developmental League and became a regular part of the Wizards rotation, playing both guard positions. He appeared in 51 games, starting 36, and averaged 5.1 points and 2.3 assists.
The United States must do more than lecture embattled Nigeria, a strong U.S. ally in West Africa under assault from al Qaeda-linked Islamists sweeping across the region.
U.S. drone strikes have killed four Americans, including one who was "specifically targeted" and three others who were not targets, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said in a letter to Congress on Wednesday, publicly confirming the strikes for the first time.
The Justice Department is not saying why it secretly seized the telephone records of reporters and editors at The Associated Press, but several people close to the department said federal authorities have focused on the news agency in an ongoing investigation into the source of leaks about a CIA operation in Yemen.
ABC and ESPN had their second most viewers ever for NBA coverage, helped by the interest in the Miami Heat and their 27-game winning streak.
ABC and ESPN had their most viewers ever for NBA coverage, helped by the interest in the Miami Heat and their 27-game winning streak.
The South Carolina Supreme Court on Wednesday overturned a settlement divvying up the multi-million dollar estate of James Brown, saying a former attorney general didn't follow the late soul singer's wishes in putting together the deal.