- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Christmas Eve Items
Heavy snow has been predicted for the nation's capital on Sunday from a storm that gave a rare white Christmas to parts of the South and caused airlines to cancel hundreds of flights on Saturday.
President Obama spent a quiet Christmas in Hawaii on Saturday, a rare bit of privacy for one of the world's most scrutinized men.
Some children who call NORAD on Christmas Eve to find out where Santa is hang up as soon as a volunteer answers the phone — probably because they expected a recording and not a real person, veteran Santa trackers say.
The stunt actor who fell 30 feet while playing Spider-Man on Broadway is walking again, and his father said Saturday that he can't wait to return to the role despite injuries that have him confined to the intensive care unit.
At least 38 people died over the holiday weekend in attacks across Nigeria, including the six killed at churches in the country's north by suspected members of a radical Muslim sect. In central Nigeria, 32 died in a series of bomb blasts in the worst violence to hit the region in months.
Pope Benedict XVI ushered in Christmas Eve with an evening Mass on Friday amid heightened security concerns following the package bombings at two Rome embassies and Christmas Eve security breaches at the Vatican the past two years.
Queen Elizabeth II and her family are gathering at Sandringham Estate to exchange gifts on Christmas Eve without Prince William, who's on military duty.
At least 45 people have been killed across Haiti due to accusations they are using "black magic" to spread cholera, the director of a Voodoo association said Friday.
"Although sentimental, [Frank Capra's 'It's A Wonderful Life'] is not a simplistic morality play."