- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Topic - Christopher Dolan
The family of a 6-year-old girl killed while in a San Francisco crosswalk on New Year's Eve has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit Monday against the Internet ride-sharing service company Uber.
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The family attorney of the California girl declared brain dead after a tonsillectomy says she has been taken out of Children's Hospital of Oakland.
A lawyer for the family of a 13-year-old California girl declared brain dead after surgery says she has arrived safely at a new location, but that she was in "bad shape."
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Legal counsel for a California hospital and the family of a 13-year-old girl declared brain dead after sleep apnea surgery began discussing the possibility of moving her to another facility, after a judge laid out the conditions for such a transfer.
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A judge said Friday that the mother of a 13-year-old girl who was declared brain dead after tonsil surgery can remove her daughter from a California hospital if she assumes full responsibility for the consequences.
LPGA players have voted to allow transgender players to compete on tour in response to a lawsuit filed by a California woman who had her sex changed five years ago.
"We're proud of the live-time coverage we produced for the Web throughout that chaotic day and the fleshed-out reporting that appeared in the paper," he said.
"It's nice to be recognized by your peers, but this breaking news award is particularly gratifying because everyone in the newsroom contributed to the coverage," said Christopher Dolan, The Times' managing editor.