- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
Latest Christopher Lawson Items
The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, one of the nation's largest water utilities, gave a six-figure, no-bid contract to an audit firm with ties to one of the commission's own directors, records show.
Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker III hailed Christopher Lawson as an "incredible and experienced" leader last year when he named the Bowie businessman as a director helping to oversee the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC).
A prolific campaign donor under federal investigation for contributions in D.C. elections is also linked to a quarter-million dollars given to Maryland politicians, including Gov. Martin O'Malley, two likely Democratic candidates for governor in 2014 and two prominent county executives over the past 13 years.