- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
Christopher S. Murphy
Latest Christopher S. Murphy Items
Republican Linda McMahon is hoping things will turn out differently this time around, but right now, her Connecticut U.S. Senate bid is starting to look a lot like the race she lost two years ago, when her September support melted away and she lost by 11 points.
Voters in Connecticut aren't crazy about Republican Senate candidate Linda McMahon's background as a top executive in the garish world of pro wrestling, but Democratic rival Rep. Christopher S. Murphy's three terms as a U.S. congressman may be even more damaging to him.
Democrats outdo Republicans at convincing women to vote for them, but GOP candidates hold even larger advantages among men in several key Senate races — a flip side of the voting gender gap that favors Republicans but isn't often spoken of.
Mitt Romney is working to win over his former rivals.
Less than a week after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 18 other people were shot at her public "Congress on Your Corner" event, similar gatherings across the country resumed in full force Friday, though under greater police presence.