- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Christopher S. Murphy
Latest Christopher S. Murphy Items
President Obama on Sunday night pledged the remainder of his presidency to taking steps to end the string of spree shootings that have scarred the nation's consciousness in recent years.
Retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman in his final Senate floor speech urged Congress to put partisan rancor aside and reach across party lines to break Washington's gridlock.
Republicans fell short Tuesday night of their goal of winning control of the Senate, after a campaign beset with weak candidate recruitment and self-inflicted gaffes in some of the GOP's most promising races.
Democrats are counting on their New England friends to help them pick up Republican-held Senate seats on Nov. 6 and construct a barrier against losses in Nebraska and elsewhere that could erase their majority.
Republican Linda McMahon is hoping things will turn out differently this time around, but right now, her Connecticut U.S. Senate bid is starting to look a lot like the race she lost two years ago, when her September support melted away and she lost by 11 points.
Rep. Christopher S. Murphy, Connecticut Democrat, was trailing his U.S. Senate opponent Linda McMahon just three weeks ago, but now he has gained the upper edge in the race, with a new poll Wednesday morning giving him a 6-point lead.
Win or lose, President Obama will spend election night in his hometown of Chicago and will speak at a smaller venue than the large park where he held his victory speech four years ago, a source told Agence France-Presse on Wednesday.
Voters in Connecticut aren't crazy about Republican Senate candidate Linda McMahon's background as a top executive in the garish world of pro wrestling, but Democratic rival Rep. Christopher S. Murphy's three terms as a U.S. congressman may be even more damaging to him.
Democrats outdo Republicans at convincing women to vote for them, but GOP candidates hold even larger advantages among men in several key Senate races — a flip side of the voting gender gap that favors Republicans but isn't often spoken of.