- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
Latest Christopher Items
The 12 victims of Monday morning's rampage inside the Washington Navy Yard were contractors and blue-collar workers, U.S. Naval Academy graduates and international transplants, softball coaches and Redskins fans. Each brought a story to the place they never left.
An Arizona woman is getting her first taste of freedom in more than two decades after an appeals court overturned her murder conviction, setting the stage for a retrial as prosecutors seek to put her back on death row.
After a three-year battle with ovarian cancer, Pierce Brosnan's daughter Charlotte has died, the actor told People on Monday. She was 41.
Temple, Texas, is a city of 70,000 near Fort Hood, a major U.S. Army base, in the heart of a state not famous for liberal gun-control politics. Temple has nevertheless become the scene of an unusual challenge to the right to own and bear arms.
Tom Stoppard is sitting on the patio of a Sunset Boulevard hotel, bathed in California winter sunshine, framed by bamboo landscaping and looking very much out of his element in Hollywood.
Pat Derby _ a former Hollywood trainer for Flipper, Lassie and other performing animals who later devoted her life to protecting them after seeing widespread abuse _ has died at age 69, her organization said Monday.
Authorities say camping gear was found along with weapons inside the burned-out truck belonging to Christopher Dorner, the former Los Angeles police officer suspected in three killings who is the subject of a manhunt in Southern California's snow-covered mountains.
The seven astronauts who died aboard space shuttle Columbia 10 years ago were husbands, fathers, wives and a mother. Military pilots, doctors and engineers. Born in the United States, Israel and India.
Today marks the 11th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on our nation. Sept. 11, 2001, certainly was one of the darkest days in our country's history, when 2,977 people from 90 countries were murdered at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Shanksville, Pa.