- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Chubby Checker
Chubby Checker oversaw a twist contest and signed autographs as he mingled with patrons at a diner in Portsmouth, N.H.
Rock and roll legend Chubby Checker is twisting mad over a software application that allowed women to estimate the size of a man's penis based on his shoe size.
In honor of Chubby Checker's 70th birthday, let's look at the top 10 tunes (including "The Twist") from 1960.
"I pray for my parts," he said. "My heart and all the other things I have, some of which I can't even see."
"I told them the tires weren't wide enough, so they went up and put on wider tires," he said. "But then they tried to bring it down the tunnel and it was too wide to fit in the tunnel. We worked all night to get it fixed right."