- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Chuck Hagel Items
U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel plans to host defense ministers from 10 Asian countries next month at a meeting in Honolulu.
The Associated Press has uncovered a series of security lapses and other troubles in the nation's nuclear forces. The issue came to a head in January when Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel summoned top military leaders and ordered a review of the problems.
If President Obama and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel get their way, a typical U.S. Army sergeant stands to lose up to $5,000 in annual benefits, according to a leading veterans group that is mobilizing for battle over the proposed cuts to the retirement, health care and other compensation offered to those who serve.
A U.S. senator and a congressman have urged the Secretary of Defense to reissue military rules to strengthen religious freedom protections for military service members who fear reprisals for their beliefs.
Telegraph Herald. March 7, 2014.
A bipartisan group of 105 lawmakers urged the Defense Department on Monday to make it easier for practicing Sikh Americans who wear beards and turbans to serve in the military.
The United States is sending a dozen F-16 fighter jets and 300 service personnel to Poland as a part of a training exercise in response to the crisis in neighboring Ukraine, the Polish defense ministry said Sunday.
The Pentagon estimates there are now about 20,000 Russian troops in Ukraine, as additional forces have gone into the country over the last week.
The Buffalo News on education funding in New York state.