- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Latest Chuck Hagel Items
The Army removed 588 soldiers from sensitive jobs such as sexual assault counselors and recruiters after finding they had committed infractions such as sexual assault, child abuse and drunken driving, officials said Wednesday.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's announcement concerning the reduction of the U.S. military is troublesome on many fronts ("Hagel plans Pentagon cuts that would take Army to pre-WWII levels," Web, Feb. 24). It is similar to the issues surrounding the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. There are many who believe that the United States either had prior knowledge of the pending attack or that we ignored the many signs that should have alerted us to the possibility of the attack.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has asked a senior Defense Department official to oversee the Pentagon's efforts to rescue an Army soldier from the clutches of an Islamist insurgent group affiliated with the Taliban.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced that budget cuts will reduce the size of the U.S. Army to 440,000 soldiers — its lowest number since 1940.
The Pentagon's budget reorganization could hobble the U.S.' ability to contribute to NATO, following a trend in which other major alliance members have cut their contributions in recent years.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's about-face — from hawkish war veteran senator to Pentagon budget cutter and liberal comrade — came full circle this week as he announced plans to make a shrinking armed forces even smaller.
U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday the European allies must start bearing more of the burden of modernizing NATO or risk it becoming irrelevant.
Sen. Tom Udall says New Mexico apparently will escape the brunt of the impact of proposed cuts to the U.S. military.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel last year hailed the littoral combat ship as the Navy's future but now says it's inadequate to compete against China's naval forces.