- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
Latest Chuck Neinas Items
The Big 12 has a replacement lined up for Missouri before it even leaves the conference.
Interim Big 12 Commissioner Chuck Neinas said Tuesday that the league is set with 10 teams for 2012 with the addition of TCU, even though Missouri is exploring a possible departure to the Southeastern Conference.
Ousted Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe says he touted equal revenue sharing and members handing their television rights to the conference years ago, but the schools _ and not just Texas _ liked the idea of being able to start their own networks.
Big 12 university leaders agreed to equally share the wealth from the conference's most lucrative television deals if its members agree to lock those top-tier TV rights into the league for at least six years.
Interim Big 12 Commissioner Chuck Neinas says he is confident Missouri will stay in the Big 12.
Big 12 athletic directors discussed ways during their meeting Tuesday to stabilize their league before they can determine if and how much they might expand.
Even in realignment, it's hard to figure out where Boise State fits.
Needing someone strong and savvy to mend the Big 12, the league has turned to a former Big Eight commissioner who also helped usher in the era of college football as big business.
Seemingly headed for disaster, the Big 12 Conference may have come up with a way to stick around.