- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Church Of Scotland
Latest Church Of Scotland Items
One of the many difficulties with today's popular view of Scripture as being more flexible than the average political campaign promise is that those given to compromise on biblical standards can quickly paint themselves into a very difficult corner.
LONDON — As Gordon Brown prepares to move into 10 Downing Street, the prime minister's residence, pride of place in his new study will be given to a hardback collection of some of his late father's sermons in the Church of Scotland. The book was compiled by Mr. Brown and his brothers, John and Andrew, to mark John Ebenezer Brown's 80th birthday in 1994, four years before he died.