- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Churchill Items
Silas Melson scored 24 points and Kadeem Strickland added 18 as Jefferson successfully defended its OSAA Class 5A boys basketball title, defeating Churchill 69-64 Saturday night.
David Shedrick had 22 points and 11 rebounds and Churchill earned its second consecutive state finals berth with a 68-50 win over Madison in the OSAA Class 5A boys basketball semifinals Friday night.
High school basketball rankings as compiled by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches and Tex Preps Basketball magazine for the week of Jan. 13:
Global hysteria ensued after former Vice President Al Gore posed a theory in his film, "An Inconvenient Truth," that polar bears were on the edge of extinction. Soon after, reports of fish shortages, cross-breeding between species and even polar bear cannibalism added to the global-warming debate.
A lot of attention has been paid to the great Allied summit conferences of World War II — both at the time and in the decades since.