- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Latest Citigroup Items
The Treasury Department said Thursday that it has raised $10.5 billion from Citigroup share sales, and that the bank has repaid $20 billion of the $45 billion it received from the federal government in 2008.
These days, one is hard-pressed to read a newspaper or watch the news without encountering the phrase "too big to fail." The debate over TBTF, as it also is known, completely ignores the one institution that deserves attention when assessing the real risks of TBTF: government.
Payment cuts to insurers who run Medicare Advantage plans are likely to be less than Congress is seeking but will nonetheless become a reality as the Bush administration seeks to save money, according to the former administrator of the federal agency in charge of Medicare.