- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Citizens Bank Park
Latest Citizens Bank Park Items
For almost six full innings Thursday night, Brad Peacock pitched against a 98-win Philadelphia Phillies lineup bound for the postseason with no fear. Ask his teammates what impresses them the most about him, and to a man the word "attack" will come out of their mouths.
The standings, being what they are in the National League East, have mattered little to both the Washington Nationals and the Philadelphia Phillies for some time. The Phillies have been six games or more ahead of the division's second-place team since mid-August. All the Nationals have known is that they're too far out of things to make the wins and losses significant in a playoff race.
With weather a concern in Pennsylvania throughout the weekend, the Phillies elected to move Sunday's game vs. Florida at Citizens Bank Park to Saturday, creating a day-night doubleheader with the Marlins.
Standing in the visitors clubhouse at Coors Field a week ago, Nationals manager Davey Johnson summed up veteran right-hander Livan Hernandez in one sentence: "Livo has pitched a lot of good games," Johnson said. "Unfortunately, when he's a little off, he's really off."
The top-selling Nationals jersey of all time belongs to a player who has spent barely two months in Washington.
Long before spring training even started, the Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies were favorites to play each other in October.
The Philadelphia Flyers will play host to the New York Rangers on the date reserved for the Winter Classic, and will open their season at Stanley Cup-champion Boston.
The Philadelphia Flyers will play host to the New York Rangers in the Winter Classic, and will open their season at Stanley Cup-champion Boston.
The frustration that comes with offensive futility began to bubble out of the Washington Nationals in their 7-4 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night when cleanup hitter Adam LaRoche – usually mild-mannered and even-tempered – gave home plate umpire Alfonso Marquez a piece of his mind in the fourth inning.