- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
Latest City Council Items
What Brook Peters saw and heard in lower Manhattan on Sept. 11, 2001, is recorded in his mind in flashes and fragments, a set of visceral memories that weighed on him for years. He was 4 years old. It was his second day of kindergarten.
The ex-governors, Capitol Hill lawmakers and state legislators had by Wednesday largely said their goodbyes to William Donald Schaefer, and now it was time for this working-class city to bid farewell to their beloved mayor and native son.
Two years since Terry McAuliffe's quest for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination was thwarted by voters who viewed him as a carpetbagger out of touch with grass-roots Virginia, the multimillionaire entrepreneur is quietly mounting a second bid for the Democratic nomination for Virginia governor.
Later this month, there will still be a city with roughly 31,000 residents in the Allegheny Mountains east of Pittsburgh. What there won't be is a city named Altoona.
Four City Council members agreed to pay $13,300 in fines for improperly accepting free tickets to Hollywood shows and dinners, including the Academy Awards.
Ciara Guernon was in a troubled relationship and working three jobs when she learned she was pregnant. The 22-year-old began calling people to see if they would lend her money for an abortion. "I didn't think I'd be a good mom," she said.
Alexandria businesses would pay commercial property taxes for the first time if a 2012 budget before the City Council is approved next month.
Stick 'em in Junior ROTC.
The city of Anaheim has effectively acknowledged its pursuit of the Sacramento Kings, revealing a financial plan to entice the NBA team to relocate to Honda Center with $75 million in bonds.