- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- Dems’ new bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
Latest City Council Items
The City Council has struck a deal that will allow tall towers to be built at the former Domino Sugar refinery on Brooklyn's waterfront.
The mayor of Dover is resigning after seven years on the job.
The City Council unveiled its budget recommendations on Wednesday, asking for 1,000 new police officers, free school lunches, more money to fight homelessness and a commission designed to overhaul the city's property tax system.
Jackson voters will choose Tuesday between City Council member Tony Yarber and Chokwe Antar Lumumba, son of the late Mayor Chokwe Lumumba, for mayor.
City engineers will explore the possibility of connecting the North Wilderness subdivision to the Krotz Springs water system.
The City Council has decided to take no action on two development projects until after a new mayor takes office at the end of June.
The Center for the Performing Arts that Carmel taxpayers bought is not the one they were originally sold.
The mayor of Bloomington has vetoed an ordinance that would allow sharpshooters to thin the deer heard at a city nature preserve.
Chickens may soon be coming home to roost in urban parts of West Valley City where they've been banned in the past.