- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
Latest City Hall Items
San Diego Mayor Bob Filner has agreed to resign amid numerous sexual harassment claims, as part of a deal reached this week with city officials, NBC 7 News first reported.
Supporters for San Diego Mayor Bob Filner are rallying at City Hall on Monday, a day after a signature-gathering campaign to qualify a recall vote got underway against the embattled Democrat.
The effort to recall San Diego's embattled mayor is kicking off in the nation's eighth-largest city Sunday, one day before Bob Filner is set to return to work at City Hall after undergoing behavior therapy.
Democrats launched the "war on women," but they didn't first sweep their side of the battlefield for land mines. Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer and San Diego Mayor Bob Filner have dominated the headlines for their atrocious disrespect and sexual harassment of women. Yet the Democratic leadership is hiding in a foxhole.
The Supreme Court's Kelo v. New London, Conn., decision in 2005 made eminent domain a threat to everybody, and since then local governments have been seizing houses from plain folks and turning them over to developers in return for increased property-tax revenues.
San Francisco International Airport values innovation and is open to new business models that provide our customers with a variety of rental-car options ("Taking on City Hall," Comment & Analysis, June 25). We had hoped (and continue to hope) that we could welcome FlightCar into the SFO business community. FlightCar, however, must comply with airport rules and regulations, which are designed to provide safe and efficient transport for our passengers and to manage the congestion on our limited roadways.
While hundreds of protesters against George Zimmerman gathered peacefully in San Francisco on Saturday night, demonstrators across the bay in Oakland set fires and smashed the windows of several businesses.
Dozens of gay couples have lined up outside City Hall in San Francisco as clerks have resumed issuing same-sex marriage licenses one day after a federal appeals court cleared the way for the state of California to immediately lift a 4-year freeze.
Being an entrepreneur isn't easy. The economy is tight and credit scarce, so getting a good idea to market takes determination and willpower. Even that's not enough when dull-witted government gets in the way.