- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
City University Of New York
Latest City University Of New York Items
"Every class, David! Every class, David!" Those are the chants that followed David Petraeus on his way to work as a professor for the City University of New York system.
Gen. David Petraeus, the former CIA director who resigned in disgrace in November only to face fire for a more-than-generous salary offering for a teaching gig at a New York school, has now agreed to a deep pay cut: He will earn $1 for the class.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg touted about his huge investment in education during his most recent State of the City address — but his bragging may be all talk.
In his State of the Union Address, President Obama said, "I ask this Congress to declare that women should earn a living equal to their efforts, and finally pass the Paycheck Fairness Act this year."
A new study by the City University of New York has shown that the disenfranchised, put-upon Zuccotti Park occupiers of 2011-2012 were actually disproportionately rich and overwhelmingly white.
As a political science major at Ohio State University, Ida Seitter says, she lit up many a cigarette to help her through the stress of exam season. Right or wrong, they were her security blanket as she toiled through college.
Peter Beinart considers himself a supporter of Israel. He attends synagogue and sends his children to a private Jewish school in New York City. But when it comes to Israel, the pundit and former journalist has emerged as an unconventional bad boy of sorts, rattling the American Jewish community with charges that its leadership's blind support for Israel is helping the Jewish state self-destruct through misguided policies.
Registered sex offenders who have been banned from social networking websites are fighting back in the nation's courts, successfully challenging many of the restrictions as infringements on free speech and their right to participate in common online discussions.
Jews often joke that you can summarize almost any holiday as "They tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat." The notion of victimhood and how events such as the Holocaust have shaped Jewish history have been central to much of the debate over Israel and the crisis in the Middle East.