- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Civic Center Station
There are at least eight rail stations with the name Civic Center Station:*Civic Center (LACMTA station), in Los Angeles, California*Civic Center (Metrorail station), in Miami, Florida*Civic Center (MARTA station), in Atlanta, Georgia*Civic Center (San Diego Trolley station), in San Diego, California*Civic Center Station (San Francisco), in San Francisco, California*Civic Center Station (Shenzhen), in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China*Civic Center (St. Louis Metrolink), in St. Louis, Missouri*Civic Center (VTA) in San Jose, California - Source: Wikipedia
The San Francisco transit commute went smoothly for the first Monday in two weeks as demonstrators - acknowledging that disruptive protests of the two previous Monday nights have angered commuters - stayed away from train platforms, where protests have been barred for safety reasons.
The San Francisco transit commute went smoothly for the first Monday in two weeks as demonstrators _ acknowledging that disruptive protests of the two previous Monday nights have angered commuters _ stayed away from train platforms, where protests have been barred for safety reasons.
More than three dozen protesters were arrested Monday during a chaotic run through downtown San Francisco that snarled traffic and train service during the evening commute.
Transit police arrested at least eight protesters, closed two subway stations and tailed dozens of demonstrators as they chaotically roamed downtown San Francisco Monday.
Transit police arrested four protesters and briefly closed two subway stations during the evening commute Monday during a small demonstration over the Bay Area Rapid Transit's tactic of cutting wireless communication to quell a previously planned protest.
Police have arrested at least eight protesters and closed two downtown San Francisco subway stations during the evening commute.
Rush-hour protests prompted the closure of four San Francisco subway stations and sent hundreds of commuters into the sidewalks and streets Monday, but there was no repeat of the wireless service shutdowns that angered protesters last week.