- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
- GOP tsunami coming as even Dem-leaning voters bolt: poll
- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Civic Center
. In this type of civic center, special attention is paid to the way public structures are grouped and landscaped. - Source: Wikipedia
The Dayton VA Medical Center is looking for a new site for one of its outpatient clinics in western Ohio.
Officials say vandals damaged about $80,000 worth of playground equipment at the Larose Civic Center.
Leaders of the southwestern Idaho town of Middleton are working to remodel the Civic Center to make room for an art and history museum.
The San Francisco transit commute went smoothly for the first Monday in two weeks as demonstrators _ acknowledging that disruptive protests of the two previous Monday nights have angered commuters _ stayed away from train platforms, where protests have been barred for safety reasons.
Police have arrested at least eight protesters and closed two downtown San Francisco subway stations during the evening commute.
Transit police arrested four protesters and briefly closed two subway stations during the evening commute Monday during a small demonstration over the Bay Area Rapid Transit's tactic of cutting wireless communication to quell a previously planned protest.
Rush-hour protests prompted the closure of four San Francisco subway stations and sent hundreds of commuters into the sidewalks and streets Monday, but there was no repeat of the wireless service shutdowns that angered protesters last week.
The head of the Bay Area Rapid Transit agency is defending the system's move to cut wireless service to thwart a planned protest last week. But he says the tactic likely won't be used again.