- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Civic Center
. In this type of civic center, special attention is paid to the way public structures are grouped and landscaped. - Source: Wikipedia
Officials say vandals damaged about $80,000 worth of playground equipment at the Larose Civic Center.
Leaders of the southwestern Idaho town of Middleton are working to remodel the Civic Center to make room for an art and history museum.
The San Francisco transit commute went smoothly for the first Monday in two weeks as demonstrators _ acknowledging that disruptive protests of the two previous Monday nights have angered commuters _ stayed away from train platforms, where protests have been barred for safety reasons.
Police have arrested at least eight protesters and closed two downtown San Francisco subway stations during the evening commute.
Transit police arrested four protesters and briefly closed two subway stations during the evening commute Monday during a small demonstration over the Bay Area Rapid Transit's tactic of cutting wireless communication to quell a previously planned protest.
Rush-hour protests prompted the closure of four San Francisco subway stations and sent hundreds of commuters into the sidewalks and streets Monday, but there was no repeat of the wireless service shutdowns that angered protesters last week.
The head of the Bay Area Rapid Transit agency is defending the system's move to cut wireless service to thwart a planned protest last week. But he says the tactic likely won't be used again.