- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - civil rights
The cash-strapped Indianapolis Public Schools must provide more athletic opportunities for female students at six high schools to comply with Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education said Wednesday.
A quick scan of the program of the March on Washington, which included three prayers, gospel music and four speeches by religious leaders, illustrates how religion played a central role in this seminal event and in the Civil Rights movement.
"The Sapphires" is missing a lot _ detailed characters, a unique narrative arc, half-plausible scenes of the Vietnam War _ but it's got two uncommon things going for it: genuine charm and Chris O'Dowd. They are not mutually exclusive.
Major League Baseball is coming to the home of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. to pay tribute to those whose life's work embodies the spirit of the Civil Rights movement.
Though he has faced some criticism on such matters, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said he carries no political baggage because of his positions on racial issues.
Almost all of them are gone now, fading memories kept alive through grainy photos and dog-eared newspaper clippings their children and grandchildren keep near.