- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
Topic - Civil Service Commission
A civil service commission is a government agency that is constituted by legislature to regulate the employment and working conditions of civil servants, oversee hiring and promotions, and promote the values of the public service. Its role is roughly analogous to that of the human resources department in corporations. Civil service commissions are often independent from elected politicians - Source: Wikipedia
Columbus may let its police officers live farther away.
Chicopee's police chief is out of a job after less than a year after the state Civil Service Commission determined that the selection process was "tainted by personal and political bias."
A former New Orleans police officer accused in the cover-up of the burning and deadly shooting of Henry Glover just days after Hurricane Katrina is back on the force.
A former New Orleans police lieutenant wants his job back and back pay after prosecutors dropped federal charges against him in the alleged cover-up of Henry Glover's burning and fatal shooting.
The Michigan Supreme Court has agreed to take two cases that affect thousands of state workers and divide labor unions and Republicans who control the Capitol.
What started as an investigation into a sexual harassment complaint at an Israeli embassy in South America morphed into a Pandora's box of alleged offenses, mostly related to claims of sexual debauchery within the walls of the diplomatic post.