- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Topic - C.J. Barksdale
C.J. Barksdale and Devin Wilson were all smiles, and remarkable circumstances got them there.
Virginia Tech ended a 10-game losing streak with a 52-45 victory against Miami.
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) — One day after saying he could be without three of his main players when Virginia Tech played No. 2 Syracuse, Hokies coach James Johnson got good news when all three became available.
Adam Smith scored 28 points to carry Virginia Tech past Radford 81-56 on Friday.
Virginia Tech rang in the new year by getting its bell rung. Maryland jumped out to a 13-4 lead in the opening minutes and never trailed, drilling Virginia Tech 94-71 on Saturday at a sold-out Comcast Center.
Virginia Tech basketball fans have grown accustomed lately to watching their team's games come down to the wire. Recent history dictates that won't be the case Saturday.
Virginia Tech's young basketball team wasn't ready for the start of ACC play.
But once he checked into the game, he made a driving move to the lane, then added a 3-pointer.
He said he wasn't sure of his status until Saturday, when the Hokies met for a film session in the morning, a shootaround after lunch and then reported for their first game in a week.