- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Claire Guthrie Gastanaga
Executive director Claire Guthrie Gastanaga says the state ACLU will work with jail officials to ensure compliance.
"By recategorizing drug offenses from being considered violent to nonviolent offenses, the administration will not only make thousands eligible to have their rights restored under less onerous criteria, but will also help to lessen the impact of the discriminatory enforcement of Virginia's drug laws," Gastanaga said.