- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
Latest Claus Guth Items
This Lohengrin is no knight in shining armor, confidently riding in on a swan to defend a beautiful maiden.
In Claus Guth's haunting new production of Debussy's "Pelleas et Melisande," the characters move as if in a trance between two worlds _ both of them unrelentingly bleak.
Richard Wagner won over La Scala's ardent Verdi followers during the gala season premiere on Friday with a production of `'Lohengrin" that packed surprises -- including the last-minute arrival of German soprano Annette Dasch in the role of Elsa after two singers fell ill with the flu.
The Knights of the Holy Grail in a decaying Victorian mansion? Or in a rubble-strewn wasteland? Music lovers can take their pick between drastically updated productions of Wagner's last opera, "Parsifal," now running in Barcelona and London.
There was so much to like in Monday's new production premiere of Mozart's Don Giovanni at the Salzburg Festival that it's difficult to know where to start.